Below is a template written and published by Vicki Simons to write SC Representative Joe Wilson regarding his ungardnered support to send our tax dollars to Ukraine and place a bust of Ukrainian President Zelensky in the U.S. House of Representatives wing of the U.S. Capital. Learn more about his thoughts on the elections by watching this short video.
I am pasting below the main parts of a letter that I just faxed to Joe Wilson’s Aiken and DC offices — and emailed to him through his DC website.
If you use this information, please customize it to make it your own (do not use my exact wording).
STOP YOUR SUPPORT OF UKRAINE IMMEDIATELY!
Dear Rep. Wilson,
Either immediately stop your support of Ukraine or resign from being a U.S. Representative!
Over the last year, you have publicly shown — four times as outlined below — your support of Ukraine instead of supporting the people of South Carolina’s Second Congressional District:
- A February 18, 2022, article says that you held a rally in support of Ukraine at the South Carolina Statehouse.
- In an August 4, 2022, video from The Liberty Belles (screen capture photo shown), a lapel pin you are wearing clearly shows the U.S. flag alongside the Ukraine flag:
- In a speech that you gave on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives — that you tweeted on September 16, 2022 — your last four words were “God bless Ukraine victory.”
- On January 9, 2023, you introduced H.Res.10 in the 118th Congress (2023-2024): Directing the Fine Arts Board to obtain a bust of the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, for display in the House of Representatives wing of the United States Capitol.
Sir, I feel compelled to remind you that:
- You took an oath of office — in God’s name — to uphold and abide by The Constitution of the United States; and
- You are representing in Washington, D.C. the people of South Carolina’s Second Congressional District; and
- You are NOT representing Ukraine!
Either immediately stop your support of Ukraine or resign from being the SC-2 U.S. Representative!